I’ve seen this Meme floating around a bit in some of the blogs that I read and figured I’d try it out. My very first Meme! Object is to post 8 things about myself…should be easy, right? I think I know me pretty well.
1. I’m a little OCD about towel folding. Both the procedure and the storage thereafter. They must be folded a certain way and then color coordinated in the linen closet, lined up just right. Big Daddy doesn’t really fold the same way I do so I end up re-folding every.single.time he helps with the laundry.
2. I don’t know how to swim. At all. I kind of sort of can swim a little bit under water but not really. This poses an issue only when I’m around more water than the bathtub can hold. I don’t watch movies in which people will be drowning. Big Daddy was a competitive swimmer back in the day and Looooooves the water. He’s tried to teach me but with all the flailing and screaming, it’s better to just let me be.
3. I’m the oldest of four kids. Translation? I’m pretty bossy and opinionated. I tend to always be the one who makes decisions in group settings. In the past couple of years, I’ve tried to back off of this so as not to come across so bossy but it doesn’t work. Friends and family still leave to decisions to me. I’ve been told that it’s because when I ask others to do the decision making, I do it in such a way that it sounds like I already have my mind made up what the end result should be.
4. I love chocolate. Any form. Well, except white chocolate but that doesn’t really count because it’s not really chocolate.
5. I love my job. I’m a wife and a mommy and that’s really all I’ve ever wanted to be. I used to sit through my classes in college and daydream about it. I’d glean as much as I could from the classes I deemed pertinent to my future dream job and let much of the rest pass into one ear and out the other.
6. I’m a pretty good cook. I love to cook. I love to experiment with food. I love to EAT food…which leads me to…
7. I’m currently enrolled in Weight Watchers. I’ve got some pounds to lose. I’m working at it and slowly but surely, it’s coming off. I’ve been bad for a week or so due to vacation but I’m back on track!
8. My husband is my best friend in the whole world. I love him more than chocolate. That’s saying a lot. We’ve been married for over 7 years and I love him more now than I ever dreamed possible. I have so much respect for what he does and who he is. Being in the military right now isn’t the easiest job but he does it with everything in him. He’s a great guy.
See now, that wasn’t that hard. Except I mentioned Big Daddy a lot so it was almost a meme about him. I’m just feeling pretty blessed today with the family I have so it’s hard not to mention them. If you read, do this meme and let me know so I can read it! It’s actually a challenge to come up with 8 whole things about myself!